The Currans share gift hacks and gift ideas for children with different love languages: acts of service, quality time, words of affirmation, expressions of affection, and gift giving. Kari talks about gifts to buy from the dollar store and Tom reads his second-favorite text from Mary Grace. Read more about The 5 Love Languages for Children, by Gary Chapman.
We have a play ritual of hacking board games. We don’t do all games, like scrabble or monopoly… there are only certain games we play really loud, really fast, really crazy! -Kari
Who wants to run out, list minute, to shop on Christmas Eve? I like to ‘make an event’ out of taking my teenage daughters out shopping to help me pick out a Christmas gift for Kari. -Tom
Gift Hack Ideas:
- Hack pretend-play kits by buying authentic supplies at the dollar store! (fairy kit, tool kit, doctor kit)
- Hack Fast Food Promotions.
- Hack board games purchased from Value Village.
- Make your own coupons for a special event.
- What natural talent does your child have? Affirm their gift with music/sports lessons.
- Make a perfume sample kit from free samples found in the beauty department.
- Hack the social calendar! Host a special hangout for your child and their friends during Christmas break.
- Let Santa hack the stockings with necessities: socks, soap, shampoo, gloves, etc.!
- Monthly subscriptions are the gift that gives all year-long!
- Document the year’s memories by hacking your social media photos into a printed photo-book.