What can I do when the busyness of life leaves my marriage feeling flat? What are a few simple things I can do today to love my spouse well? How much time and effort should my spouse and I spend working on our marriage? Should it take ‘work’ to love my husband/wife well? Is saying “I love you” every day enough to keep my marriage in proper priority? My wife doesn’t like traditional gifts like flowers or fancy dinners out, what are some think-outside-the-box ideas for showing my wife she is beautiful, appreciated and loved?
I fail at #8 every time! I’m not sure I will ever live-out that practice well… -Tom
Dr. Tom Curran Google-searched “top 10 tips to loving your wife well” and revised his own list to help couples grow in their vocation of marriage. Tom encourages men to ‘know their wives’ and gives tips to help men adjust the list to fit the love language of their brides!
Men, you are married to Cinderella and YOU, Prince Charming, have her glass slipper! Sometimes it takes a situation and support for her to come out of the ashes of the daily grind. -Tom
10+ Ways to Love Your Wife:
- Hold Her hand… as a Reminder that “Two Become One”
- Of Course You Think She’s Beautiful, Notice Her Efforts to Look Nice for You and Say Something!
- Work Together to Free-up Time Together… Or Time for Herself (Know Your Wife)
- Affirm… And Affirm well! Leave Sweet Notes
- Say “I love you” Authentically, And Say it in HER Love Language
- Date Her: Thoughtfully Plan Something She Likes to Do (and Plan Something Regularly!)
- Listen, Be a place For Her to Safely Vent… But Also Be Willing to Dialogue and Share!
- Surprise Her with the RIGHT Gifts
- Give Her One-on-One Time with just One of the Kids (Especially in Big Families)
- Make Her Feel Safe and Protected: Work Hard-Work Out-Get Up Earlier
- Sacrifice Isolating Activities
- Pray With Her, Pray For Her, Be a Spiritual Leader
Share with her your most important relationship… your relationship with God! -Tom