Happy Anniversary Tom and Kari! What are the God-given gifts you bring into your marriage? How much influence does a spouse have over the other? What was the moment (or moments) you realized you wanted to marry your spouse? When did you realize he/she was your God-intended spouse? When is the last time you and your spouse recalled your first-love story? If you could travel back in time to give advice to your preparing-for-marriage or newlywed self, what would you say? Do you have a wedding anniversary coming up? Try these reflections and conversations to celebrate and grow your marriage!
If I could go back and talk to my mid-20 year old self I’d say, “you are completely misunderstanding the nature of love!” -Tom
A recent theme in our marriage has been, LET IT GO! There’s just no time to argue a point or win a fight like we had in the first few years of marriage! -Kari
The Currans celebrate their 22nd Wedding Anniversary on today’s podcast! Tom and Kari tell their ‘how we met’ story and encourage couples to recall their first love for their spouse. Then, Tom asks Kari seven would-you-rather questions. To conclude, they each go over a few insights they’ve learned in their 22 years of marriage and the areas they hope to continue to grow in.
Play the Would-You-Rather Game with your Spouse!
Would you rather…
1. Have quality time or quantity time?
2. Say: marriage is a lot of work or marriage is a lot of fun?
3. (with your kids) Have a deep talk or play a great game?
4. Go for a run or go for a walk?
5. Go hiking to a beautiful view or go downtown during a holiday?
6. Have God speak to you or God speak through you?
7. Be falsely accused in your own parish community or go to prison for a month because of the Gospel?